What is YTD Video Downloader.exe? Is it a Virus?
YTD Video Downloader can capture clips from websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and many other video hosting sites (of course, provided that you have the right holder’s permission). The free version of the software is supported by advertising, but it is hidden and will not interfere with your download.
At first glance, this is similar to most other free video downloaders – paste the URL of the video and click the button, but if you take one more step, it will find many other features to do so. Get the frames you need in a format suitable for your video device.
What is YTD Video Downloader?
This YTD.exe file is a software component of YTD Video Downloader from GreenTree Applications SRL.
YTD Video Downloader is a utility for downloading and converting files for Windows. Ytd.exe launches YTD Video Downloader. It is not a mandatory Windows program and can be safely removed.
YTD Video Downloader can restore protected video files from more than popular streaming sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Liveleak, etc. E. which usually prohibit content downloading. The program also offers file conversion, which can convert downloaded files to other popular formats such as MP3, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, 3GP and AVI.
GreenTree Applications SRL. – is a Romanian company that develops and develops software applications for Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS platforms. The company was founded in 2011 and is currently expected to serve over 30 million customers worldwide. GreenTree Applications is headquartered in Bucharest, Romania.
Is it safe or is it a virus?
It is an PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) / adware, not a computer virus, but it is considered malicious due to spyware behavior of this adware. Almost all download sites contain PUP installers. It is impossible to infect media containers with malware and there is no risk of infection because they cannot be run in the system (.exe or PE). The only way to do this is to transfer a malicious sector to a system file and have a certain media player designed to start this sector.
Despite the fact that this is a useful service, YTD Video Downloader can be intrusive and display ads whether you like it or not.
If your device is infected with YTD Video Downloader advertising program, the following symptoms may appear:
- The banner ads are identified with the websites you visit.
- Random text from the website is converted into hyperlinks.
- You will see browser pop-ups recommending bogus updates or other software.
- Other unwanted adware can be installed without the user’s knowledge.
How did YTD Video Downloader get on my device?
YTD Video Downloader is installed by users, knowingly or not. Often this type of software is advertised or associated with other software, misleading the user about the origin of this software.
Unfortunately, some free downloads are not a sufficient indication that other software will be installed, and you may find that you installed YTD Video Downloader without your knowledge.
How do I remove the YTD Video Downloader?
You can remove YTD Video Downloader from your computer http://windowsbulletin.com/files/exe/greentree-applications-srl/ytd-video-downloader-4-5/ytd-video-downloader-exe by using the “Add / Remove Program” function on the control panel of the window.
- In the “Start” menu (right-click at the bottom left corner of the screen for Windows 8) select “Control Panel” and then in the “Programs” section perform one of the following actions:
- Windows Vista / 7/8: click “Uninstall the program”.
- Windows XP: Click Software.
- When you find the program YTD Video Downloader 4.8, click it and perform one of the following actions:
- Windows Vista / 7/8: click “Uninstall”.
- Windows XP: click on the “Delete” or “Replace / Delete” tab (to the right of the program).
- Follow the instructions. The progress bar shows how long it takes to uninstall YTD Video Downloader.